So… this is kind of a silly question but…

How many of you like peanut butter fudge?

How many of you also like to see your abs (or at least an OUTLINE of them? ;-D)  Yeah… me too.

I was searching around the other day for delicious low carb recipes and stumbled upon one for peanut butter fudge and I couldn’t believe my eyes!  Then… I made some… and I couldn’t believe my MOUTH!  It was ridiculous.  So… without further ado, here is the amazing peanut butter fudge recipe THAT IS NOT MINE (but I did adapt it slightly):

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granular Xylitol (they recommended Splenda or Stevia… I like Xylitol WAY better!  That’s my adaptation of the recipe)
1 cup vanilla protein powder (I love BioTrust protein, which is sweetened with Stevia)

Directions

****Microwave the butter and peanut butter together for a minute, stir to combine, return to microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted; whisk well. Stir in the cream cheese until well blended and smooth. Whisk in the sweetener, then the whey protein powder until everything is thoroughly combined. Line a baking dish with foil, and use oil, melted butter, or cooking spray to grease it. Spread the mixture evenly over the pan and freeze for 2-3 hours, until set.

***I prefer to cook mine over very low heat on the stove.  I don’t like microwaves.  If you do this, make sure you remove it from the heat or turn the stove off and just let it sit on the burner while it cools down.

**** Also make sure the sweetener is THOROUGHLY mixed into the butter/pb/cream cheese before adding the protein powder.  I made that mistake and it ended up grainy.  Still good… but grainy.

****Keep in mind, high quality products will yield better tasting fudge.  If you use crappy protein that’s $10 for 5 lbs… it probably won’t taste good or mix well.

Recipe makes 20 squares; store in refrigerator or freezer.

In case you’re curious, a serving = 25 grams or ~1 oz. YUM!

Nutritional Information per Square

Calories: 103
Fat: 8g
Protein: 5g
Carbs: 2.5g

(assuming you use full-fat cream cheese, and protein powder with approx. 25 grams of protein/serving)

16 Responses to Low Carb Peanut Butter Fudge

1. Pingback: Problems with family? – Low Carb Friends | HealthyLifestyleReview.info

2. This sounds delicious!

3. Pingback: Molly’s Ultra Low Carb Peanut Butter Fudge » The Hardcore Chef

4. Pingback: Homepage

5. Pingback: That Time of the Month — Controlling Cravings When PMS Hits… | Molly Galbraith

6. Pingback: Top 6 Protein Powder Recipes

7. article says:

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but
    after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.

Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!

8. Susan says:

The link you posted for where you got the original recipe just takes me to a sex toy website.
    I was wondering how big of a pan to use. Is it 8×8?

Ack! I just saw that. Apparently the old site was taken down. (O_o)

Thanks for letting me know. I have removed the link. =)

• Susan says:

So, is it an 8×8 pan then? And how much stevia did they call for? Do you remember? I don’t have access to granulated xylitol, so I was going to try the stevia version.
      Thanks!

Yes, I used an 8×8. Unfortunately I don’t recall the amount of Stevia (this post is from my archives, and is over a year old).

You may just try doubling the protein powder? If it’s sweet, that should probably work. Please let me know either way so I can share your experience with others.

9. Susan says:

Okay, I did it…I didn’t double the protein powder, but I added 20 drops of liquid Stevia. It’s great!
    Thanks for sharing this! I have a Low Carb chocolate recipe that I think I’ll make and spread over the top. It’ll be like a Paleo Peanut Butter Cup! :-)

10. janice says:

So, how do you eat this? I ask because it’s not really a “meal” (I like those to be at least 20 grams protein). Is this something you use to stave off hunger? Just wondering how you incorporate it into your diet since it is relatively high in fat as well.

11. Jenny says:

Can I use Raw protein powder- vanilla flavor? Or do you think the taste will be different?

12. Annie Brees says:

Love it! Love that it has few ingredients as well. The only problem will be not eating it all in one day!

13. Jos says:

I don’t eat cream cheese and tend to avoid dairy except for butter. Anyway I could just omit it and still turn out good? This looks awesome! :)