photo (33)

Oh my goodness!  I don’t think I can begin to tell you how exciting it is to FINALLY have my blog back up and rolling again.

I’ve missed it SO much!

So where have I been? Welllll…long story short, I hired a web designer to re-design my website and it has been an an absolute and total nightmare.  My site was supposed to be ready November 1st.

Yes, NOVEMBER 1st.

After being jerked around for 2.5 months, I asked for my money back and hired someone else.

So — I pretty much haven’t blogged in 4 months, and I have SO much to share with you all!  I can’t even begin to tell you all of the blog post topics that are saved in my iPhone right now just waiting to pour out of me!  Plus, starting tomorrow, I’ve got an amazing challenge for you, but I’ll get to that in a minute.

First, a couple of quick personal updates!

1. After much deliberation and discussion with my good friend and business partner, Jim Laird, I have made the difficult decision to walk away from J&M Strength and Conditioning, and devote all of my time to MollyGalbraith.com and GirlsGoneStrong.com.

This was so hard as I love all of our clients, and have so much pride in helping start that gym, but having my attention splintered doesn’t do my in-person clients or my online businesses any good.  I’ll miss everyone terribly, but I am incredibly grateful for the last 4 years, and having the opportunity to learn from Jim and Lucy Hendricks, who in the last several years has transitioned from an intern of Jim’s to not just a colleague and great friend, but a mentor for me as well.

2. I’m head-over-heels-completely-totally-silly-in-love-with-the-man-of-my-dreams-and-future-husband
(pssst… we are not engaged yet, but we know we want to be!)

Remember when I said, “I deserve amazing?”

Well…  ta-da!

My amazing...

My amazing…

I don’t generally go into too much detail about current aspects of my personal life involving others, but let me tell you… Casey is sweet, funny, passionate, athletic, smart, loving, treats me like a princess, and he’s a brilliant business owner.

I never knew I could be so happy all the time, and have so much peace about the future of my personal life.  Also, it’s a great feeling when you can recognize that everything in your life that you’ve endured, good, bad, and otherwise, has prepared you for exactly where you are right now, and it’s exactly where you want to be.

Ok, enough about my personal life.  Back to that Love Your Body Challenge…check out the details below!

28 Day Love Your Body Challenge:

For months now, I’ve been dying to do a 28 Day Love Your Body Challenge.

And it’s finally here!

It starts tomorrow and it’s going to be amazing and I want ALL of you to participate.  Participating will take less than 10 minutes a day, and by the end, I can guarantee you will have taken your body image, body acceptance, body embracement, and body gratitude to a whole new level.

You’ll feel simply amazing.

So stay tuned, as our first day is going to kick off with a BANG, and by a BANG I mean that the BIGGEST names in the fitness industry engaging in body embracement right alongside YOU.

Yep, I’ve gotten incredibly raw and amazing contributions from your favorite fitness professionals regarding their struggles with body image.  In fact, they are so raw that these ladies are literally stripping down and sharing their biggest vulnerabilities with all of you.

You see, when you’re in the fitness industry, you’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.  If you only post flawless pictures of yourself looking tan and airbrushed, you’re perpetuating the garbage notion that you’re only fit if you’re “flawless,” and yet if you post one “less-than-perfect” picture of yourself, you’re annihilated for not being lean/fit/muscular/dedicated enough.

FAWK.

But in this post, these ladies will be sharing their perceived “flaws” with you.

From cellulite to stretch marks to belly bulges… you will see it all.  And you’ll see that even the fittest women in the world have the same “issues” you do.

So STAY TUNED for tomorrow’s KILLER blog post, and Day 1 of my 28 day Love Your Body Challenge!

photo (32)

Oh, and one last thing before you go — about this Love Your Body Challenge thing…

Talking about body image and acceptance, gratitude, and compassion for ourselves — that’s all well and good, but it can be very esoteric, and it’s hard to see measurable and tangible results.  Keep reading and you’ll see how we are going to fix that.

Here’s exactly what you’re going to need to complete the challenge:
1. Notebook/paper (orrrr…. Google drive I guess, but I’m a pen and paper gal!)
2. Pen or pencil
3. 10 minutes a day (5 to read my post, and 5 to practice your task for the day)
4. Desire to improve your confidence and feelings about yourself
5. Ability to follow directions (like the ones below)

Before you begin the Challenge tomorrow, I’d like you to take a moment and rank how you feel about a few things on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best.  Print the questions out or write them down and write down your rankings for each one.

1. How do you feel when you think about how your body looks?
(1 = absolutely terrible, 10 = freaking awesome)

2. How often do you think about things you’d like to change on your body?
(1 = constantly, 10 = never)

3. How often do you look in the mirror and think, “I look really awesome!”
(1 = never, 10 = always)

4. How confident do you feel when you’re in a swimsuit?
(1 = not confident at all, 10 = extremely confident)

5. How confident do you feel about your body during intimate moments?
(1 = not confident at all, 10 = extremely confident)

6. How often do you catch yourself saying/thinking negative things about your body?
(1 = constantly, 10 = never)

7. How often do you catch yourself saying negative things about your body to other people?
(1 = constantly, 10 = never)

8. How well do you receive compliments from others?
(1 = not well, 10 = really well)

9. How often do you have feelings of shame in regards to your body?
(1 = constantly, 10 = never)

10. If I told you that you could drastically change your perception of your body in 28 days, would you believe me?
(1 = absolutely not, 10 = no doubt about it)

Instructions:  After ranking yourself in each category, add up your total score and hang on to these numbers.  We will re-visit these questions again in 28 days so that you can see tangible and quantitative improvements.

So make a decision TODAY, right this moment, to give yourself 10 minutes a day for the next 28 days.  That’s all I’m asking.  You owe it to yourself, you deserve it, and it will be one of the best things you ever do for mind, body, and soul.  I know you’re busy, but if you can’t commit 10 minutes a day to taking care of yourself from the inside out, we’ve got bigger problems.  So make the commitment.  Write it in your planner (err, set an alarm in your phone) to carve out 10 minutes a day, every day, to participate in this challenge.

I look forward to hanging out every day for the next 28 days!

**Remember, please do this before the challenge starts so you can have very accurate records of the changes you make in the next 28 days.

Oh, and get some rest.  Because the first day of the rest of your new life starts tomorrow.  See ya then!

39 Responses to I’m baaaaaack!

1. Kirstin says:

So excited to see how it feel in 28 days ( right before a trip to Miami begins- perfect timing for swimsuit confidence!). Thanks for creating this challenge :)

2. Lauren Sharp says:

So excited for you! Thanks!

3. Elise says:

GREAT new website, Molly! Love it :) Love the passion.

4. Tracy says:

I tried to sign up to be on your mailing list and got a message saying the mailing list wasn’t active. :( Please add me to your list.

5. Debi says:

I am the same as Tracy. keeps saying mailing list wasn’t active.

6. Deb says:

I wish you luck in all of your endeavors. I am so happy for you and Casey. You are obviously happy in your photos. Marriage is awesome and I hope you can experience it soon. After 10 years my husband still treats me like a princess and we have a wonderful marriage and friendship.

7. Christine says:

Love the new blog! This challenge is perfect for me!! I’m really struggling right now (like loosing 65lbs and always working aren’t just good enough right???) with my body image so I’m really looking forward to the next 28 days!

8. Louise says:

Just written down my answers – excited for this, I really hope it makes a difference!

9. Amy says:

Words can not express how over the moon I am for you!!! I am lucky enough to call Miss Molly my dear friend and the Cupid that introduced me to my amazing husband! I’m down for the 28 day challenge and can’t wait to see what the future holds!!! Xo

10. Anna says:

What a great idea! I love that more fitpros are now focusing more on how we feel about our bodies, not just how we look :)

11. Elyse says:

So happy to have you back and so glad things are going so well for you. You look truly amazing in these photos – really happy and at peace. Looking forward to the challenge!

12. Heather says:

28 days.. ok Molly. you got it! You and Casey..HOLY MOLY! you both look so happy and girl he’s a stone cold HOTTIE. Lucky lucky girl! ;-)
    Love the GGS site and what you all are doing for women. doing L&L with Neghar now but the GGS life style is my ultimate goal.

13. Cathy says:

Thrilled for you Molly! Have been reading your blog posts for over a year and think they are awesome. You are very inspiring! I am down for the 28 day challenge.

14. Melanie says:

Looking forward to the challenge!

15. I so need this challenge right now! Looking forward to it!

16. You’re so cool. Straight up cool. I want to go to a random high-end cocktail bar with you, Jason, and Alison for some fancy drinks in New York even if it means that we have to wait two hours. K. Good. Biiiiggggg ups

I coulda sworn that I replied to this! Dang.

Could said bar also ONLY serve gin and be too cheap to pay the $3.99/month to remove the ads from said Pandora account? Cuz that would be tha sh*z! =)

Thank you, sir. So glad you likey!

17. Susan says:

I just did the quiz and I was a 1 on all of them. I feel bad about that, too. I need this 28 day challenge.

18. Venetta Smith says:

I am totally excited your blog is back! Congrats and props to you for not settling and getting what you wanted (for the blog and w/love too!).
    BTW, you are working that coral in those pics!

19. Nikki Turner says:

I need to be added to the newletter list. I tried to do it and I don’t think it went through. Thanks!

20. Sandra Garza says:

Oddly enough my number was 28! I can’t wait to start the 28 day challenge! Thanks Molly you have given me another reason to keep on task! :)

21. April says:

I’m very excited for this challenge too- I really need it too! I feel like this is a much needed type of challenge, not something like the Whole30 or 21 Day Sugar Detox (nothing against those but this is going to be a lot more helpful for me I think!)

22. Carrie Blase says:

What a great read! I’m totally sharing this on my page! I’m a newer personal trainer and I’m trying to start my own business. I have definitely struggled with not having six pack abs or tight skin, making me less of a trainer! You forget everyone has flaws, you only see perfection in the ads. Thank you such fit this article! Your right, I’ve had 4 kids and my stretch marks do not defy my ability to train!

23. Bree Taylor says:

Loving this!

Doing an online blog with my #loveyourbodychallenge work…

24. Teri Woods says:

Thanks for being a leader in fitness and health & for keeping it REAL :)

25. Meg says:

you’re so awesome, Molly :) So happy you’re back, loving life with YOUR MAN (!!!!!!), and helping us, too :) I can’t wait to participate in the challenge!

26. Mary says:

I’m a breast cancer survivor and a uterine cancer survivor. The devastation to my body from the surgeries and treatments for these diseases is really depressing. It’s hard to feel anything but negative about my body. I’m working hard to get over this feeling. I’m hoping this blog will help.

27. cherylann says:

I’ve been loving my body since I made the decision to be fit at 16. I turned 60 this year, am doing my 118th triathlon in two weeks, got accepted in “Escape from Alcatraz” tri this year and am swimming my 8th “sharkfest” swim from Alcatraz this year. My body never ceases to amaze me as to what it can endure and how good I feel. So I guess I am not in need of a 28 day challenge…but thanks.

28. Annie Kuhn says:

Molly, this is so amazing and I am sharing with some of my clients. I met you at the Train Like a Girl seminar last year and was so impressed with what you had to share. Answering these 10 questions was eye-opening for me. There are aspects of my relationship with my body that I am very confident about; yet, I am always judging my body in certain ways. I am 58 years old and have the best body I have EVER had…still…keep up the good work!

29. Tina says:

I was excited to receive this from a good friend and am ready to be part of the 28 day challenge.

30. Congrats on all the happiness in your life! Casey is a lucky guy, as you are a princess for this prince!

31. Joanne says:

Molly thanks so much for this . This is really going to help a whole lot of people .I hope you don’t mind but I’ve been blogging about your challenge like crazy on sparkpeople.com really wish you could bring the challenge there also.

32. Laura says:

I’m really late to the party, but finally decided after crying this morning after seeing my body in the mirror that I REALLY need this challenge.

Can’t wait to start – although I’m not all 1′s – some are 5′s LOL, I feel I need to change my perception. I’m doing this in conjuction with Eat To Perform so I can’t wait to see results :-)

33. Chandra says:

Love IT!!!!

34. April B. says:

Molly, this is so awesome and very much needed in our society. Thank you for being so real and bold as to help women overcome and love themselves. I am excited to get started with this challenge. I scored a 40. Looking forward to the journey of change and being confident with the body I have.
    CONGRATS on finding a wonderful man! It seems like so much is coming together for you right now and that is amazing! You deserve no less! Blessings to you sweet lady and thank you for this!

35. Paula says:

Have decided I have to change the way I think about my body image and the amount of time and energy I spend on negative thinking. I am hopeful for the first time in a long time! Looking forward to focusing on positive things and changing these old negative patterns!

36. Mathea says:

I’m late! Can’t wait to start this. I look forward to generating some positive changes in my life – I really need a makeover on perspective! Thank you Molly!