(Psssst! If you’re “late” to the challenge and just getting started, that’s OK too! Just go at your own pace! Start with this blog post and scroll to the bottom, and make sure you have what you need to complete the challenge and fill out the 10 questions you need to fill out before you get started. Then you can take it day by day at your own pace!)
Yesterday (Day 1) of the Love Your Body Challenge was absolutely nuts. Your response to this Challenge has been overwhelming and so encouraging to me.
You know, when you put something like this together, you’re always a little nervous about backlash, or even worse — apathy. But you all have encouraged me and “filled me up” more than you could ever imagine with your encouraging words, stories, and messages. Thank you!
OK so here we are at Day 2 of the Challenge. I hope you enjoyed Day 1, because I know I did. You all played a huge role in making yesterday THE most successful blog post of mine, to date. So thank you for spreading the word so we can help as many people as possible.
I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s mantra and action step. I know that I cried when I said the mantra aloud, and I totally did not expect that. What a touching thought that your body is your home. It’s not your enemy, not your whipping boy…it’s your home. And it’s all yours. I snuggled up in my bed and had delicious coffee mid afternoon as my action step, and it was heavenly.
Reason # 2 to Love Your Body:
2. Because it’s capable
Think of all the amazing things that you can do. Maybe you can do incredibly complex math problems, or perform brain surgery, or deadlift your body weight, or breastfeed your baby, or play the harmonica, or speak 3 languages, or sing like an angel, or nurse someone back to health, or teach children to read, or dunk a basketball. Me? I like to make people laugh!
What other machine on Earth has the capability to do/learn every single one of these things. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero.
We are such a complex and divine piece of machinery, that we should constantly be in awe of ourselves, and I would be willing to bet that there is something, at least one thing, that you do better than almost anyone else.
Figure out exactly what that is, and relish in it. It doesn’t even have to be appreciated by anyone else but you — because YOU are what we are working on here. Whether you were born with it, or it’s a skill that you honed, be proud of it!
Mantra: “I am capable of _________, and that’s awesome. In fact, I am capable of anything I set my mind to, that I am willing to work for. “
Repeat this (to yourself or out loud) 10 times right now, 10 times during your action step, and 10 times before bed.
You have two choices here (choose 1):
1. Engage in the activity that you talked about in your mantra if possible, and if it makes you smile. Remember to repeat the mantra while you are doing it.
2. Think about something that you’ve been wanting to do/learn/practice/master for a long time, and set yourself a reasonable time limit to achieve it. Reasonable is the key word here. Keep repeating the mantra to remind yourself that you can do anything that you set your mind to as long as you’ll work for it.
That’s it for today!
1. Make sure you’ve signed up for my newsletter so you can get links to the new challenge every morning!
2. Make sure you’ve filled out the 10 questions at the bottom of this page (DO THIS BEFORE DAY 1) so you have your “starting point.”
3. Say your mantra 10 times immediately, during your action step, and before bed.
4. Complete your action step.
5. Check in with your accountability partner if you have one.
6. Check back tomorrow for more.
7. Spread the word and share your experiences on Facebook and Twitter with the #LoveYourBodyChallenge hashtag. If you’re on Twitter, and that’s simply too long, use #LYBC. This will enable more women to find the challenge, and you’ll be helping to change lives!
See you tomorrow!